A commitment to a creating strong, closely-knit community and its focus on holistic care - the health of the mind, body, and spirit - can best begin to explain the spiritual environment at PHS. Older adults will find a variety of spiritual experiences, respecting their beliefs and practices, to enhance their daily lives.
Spiritual Care services are here to provide:
- Regular worship, including the sacraments.
- Spiritual growth activities including bible studies, prayer groups and faith-base programs.
- Visitation by a board-certified chaplain, trained staff and volunteers following a move-in, hospitalization or for any reason upon request of a resident or their family.
- Spiritual comfort and support in times of crises through compassionate presence, prayer, and confidential counsel to patients, residents, families, and staff members.
- Assistance for residents and their families to cope with serious illness and end-of-life issues.
- Creation and coordination of religious and memorial services.
- Healing presence to people of all faiths or no faith. Spiritual Care provides care and support for residents, families and associates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Support and encouragement to maintain contact between residents and their own faith communities.