Today we recognize National Healthcare Food Service Workers Week and the nearly 1,500 employees in Nutrition & Culinary Services at Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS)! Their craft, commitment and creativity enrich the lives of thousands of older adults every day, so thank you.
Long-time server Ashley Alton at The Deerfield in New Richmond, WI, reveals her passion. “I just love the people. Whether it’s staff or residents. It’s getting to know everybody.”
Ashley notes, “I am proud to say I’ve worked somewhere for 13 years and still enjoy it.” Year after year, moments of sweet connection brighten her days. “It really warms my heart when a resident calls me by name,” Ashley says. “There are residents who come every single morning [to the Bistro] to grab a cup of coffee from me and ask how my kids are. I love that one-on-one conversation, getting to know them and their families while they ask about mine.”
With a hearty laugh, Ashley concludes, “It’s like having a bunch of grandparents, you know?”
Top 10 reasons to join culinary at Presbyterian Homes & Services
Ashley’s passion for building relationships tops the list of 10 reasons why our dedicated and talented culinary staff choose PHS. Here are more great reasons they wish to share with you!
Build relationships with the residents and amazing coworkers — both become like family.
- Schedule flexibility! PHS understands work/life balance and truly values employees.
- Participate in fun celebrations (for example, State Fair events, holiday parties, luaus...).
- Create smiles by serving delicious and nutritious meals to residents, co-workers, families and visitors.
- Prank co-workers!
- No unplanned late nights like in the restaurant biz.
- Opportunities to advance your career and grow within PHS.
- Freedom to get creative with food!
- Celebrate National Food Days — Pie Day, National Pizza Day and National Ice Cream Day, to name a few.
- Showcase cooking demonstrations and wow the residents!
A day in the life of a server
Come, see for yourself! Follow Addie DeMars
at Boutwells Landing
near Stillwater, MN, and experience a Day in the Life of a Server
Do you know someone looking for more purpose in their work? Share the good news and the many opportunities to join our team at www.preshomes.org/careers.
You might also be interested in:
Live cooking demos by chefs at Prairie Gate draw ‘oohs’ and ‘ahhs’
Doing things right from the start – a winning recipe for Towner Crest
Make Your Mark: Rick Ramos plays piano so friends dine together
Make Your Mark: Ken’s Big Kitchen